|JOB SUMMARY |
The Registrar-Internal Medicine coordinates, administers and ensures patient care activities for Internal Medicine patients in accordance with Ministry of Health regulations, Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules & Regulations and Internal Medicine Department Policy & Guidelines.
|DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES |
- Attends to all patients presenting to Internal Medicine, provided they fulfill formalities of the Internal Medicine department according to NMH policies & procedures
- Takes patient history, conducts physical examinations, requests and interprets other necessary investigations as the patient's condition mandates and refers difficult cases to the Consultants in the Department.
- Gives the necessary medical advice needed based on diagnosis, whether a prescription, medical management in Internal Medicine, admission to the inpatient department, referral or transfer to another consultation facility.
- Completes clinical notes of Internal Medicine files and writes medical reports in consultation with the Consultant
- Documents patients' progress on Progress Note Sheet and completes discharge files and statistics
- Decides and issues sick leave, according to MOH regulations and policies of NMH
- Considers the patient's safety as the first priority while working.
- Includes the patients in discussions concerning appropriate diagnostic and management procedures.
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates patient care needs.
- Follows and applies all instructions as directed by the HOD regarding patient management and care.
- Maintains a work environment that promotes high standards for patient care and ethical behavior.
- Participates regularly with other department staff, in decision-making related to patient care. Compliance with Medical Ethics
- Ensures implementation of the standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of Internal medicine.
- Exhibits appropriate personal and interpersonal professional behavior; practices medicine ethically and stays consistent with the obligations of a physician. .
- Recognizes limits of personal skills and knowledge by appropriately consulting other Physicians while caring for the patient.
- Shows a pattern of maintaining current personal clinical skills and knowledge by continuing medical education.
- Initiates continuous quality improvement programs for populations served
- Attends regularly scheduled meeting for the improvement of patient care services and delivery
- Accepts all other additional assignments found necessary by the Clinical Director- Internal Medicine
| KEY CONTACTS |
- Visiting & NMH Doctors/Physicians
- Heads of Departments
- Nursing/Reception Staff
|EXTERNAL: || |
- Patients and their Relatives & Friends
- Business Representatives / Professional Agencies
- General Public
| JOB REQUIREMENTS |
|Education : || |
- Bachelors' Degree in Medicine followed by specialized training in Internal Medicine. Masters' Degree in Internal Medicine/ relevant subspecialty.
- Training in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or Basic Life Support (BLS) desired
|Licensing: ||Valid License from Ministry of Health-Kuwait to practice as Internal Medicine Registrar |
|Experience :||5 years' experience with minimum 1.5 years' experience post Masters' Degree in Internal Medicine|
|Management Skills :||Problem Solving, Decision Making , Teaching, Counselling and Critical Thinking skills; Attention to detail and a Team Player |
|Soft Skills :||Excellent Communication and Inter-personal skills|
|Computer Skills :||:MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet and Hospital MIS|
|Language Skills:||Good in written and spoken English, Arabic is an advantage|
| || |
| WORKING CONDITIONS |
- Works primarily in the hospital environment such as the emergency room, operating room, and outpatient clinics, while also exposed to infections and close contact with the patients.
- Subject to unpredictable or crisis situations
- May have to work long hours, in shifts and be available on call to deal with medical emergencies.
- Occasionally involves prolonged standing/walking, lifting supplies/equipment.