Patient Bill of Rights
The patient has right:
1. To receive quality care & treatment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, and physical or mental disability/handicap.
2. To be treated with dignity & respect by healthcare provider.
3. To refuse treatment to the extent permitted by law and government regulations, and to be informed of the consequences of his/her refusal.
4. To refuse treatment and right to leave the hospital against the medical advice, after signing a “Discharge Against Medical Advise” form.
5. To an explanation concerning his/her diagnosis, treatment, procedures, and prognosis of illness and continuing care required following discharge.
6. To request a consultation or second opinion from another physician.
7. To make informed decisions about care and treatment plans and to receiving information in a way that is understandable.
8. To be referred to another provider organization if the hospital is unable to meet the patient’s needs or if the patient is not satisfied with the care they are receiving.
9. To be informed of the hospital’s policy on complaints and conflicts about patient care and patient’s right to participate in these processes.
10. To know the approximate cost of the hospital or outpatient services.
11. To receive visitors according to hospital visiting policy.
12. To total confidentiality of personnel health information and to request a copy of his/her discharge summary.
13. To know the identity of heath care providers who are responsible for his or her care.
14. To not receive any experimental treatment without the patient’s specific agreement and full understanding of information explained.
The patient/caretaker has the responsibility:
1. To provide accurate and complete information about complaints, past illness, hospitalization, medications and other matters relating to his/her health.
2. To provide complete and accurate information about his/her full name, address, and date of birth according to official ID and contact number.
3. To follow the treatment plan and inform the medical team of any changes in condition.
4. To assure that financial obligations are fulfilled as promptly as possible.
• Know your health insurance coverage & related policies
• Pay your hospital bills in a timely manner.
5. To follow hospital rules & regulations:
• Comply with the NO SMOKING policy
• Comply with visitor policies to ensure the rights and comfort of all patients.
• Be considerate of noise levels, privacy, and safety.
• Treat hospital staff, other patients, and visitors with courtesy and respect.